By now you may all know that the next version of SQL Server is on its way, with the first step as CTP release.
SQL Server 2014 first public CTP is available now, the build number 11.0.9120.5.
Few important points that I would like to notify you as follows:
- This is a PUBLIC pre-release build and you should never use this in your production environment!
- This means the build is for test-purpose ONLY!
- Also you should not install or use it side-by-side with other production SQL Server instances.
- Also there is no point in upgrading to SQL Server 2014, as there will be few CTP releases and final RC until RTM is released.
- Only use the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) tool that is included in this build.
- This also applies to other client redistributables such as Data Tools or Data Tier Application framework.
- The Windows Azure VM that is involved in this build can be used for functional development testing only and should not be used for performance test!
- As this is a CTP there is no branding associated, which means it is incomplete so you may not get desired results in few test cases.
- Obviously there is no Support from Microsoft Support or CSS for any problems that you may get with the testing.
- So for this reason you must file a CONNECT feedback item for this build, as a bug or enhancement to the upcoming release.
- A tip to feedback the items, ensure that similar kind of feedback is already in place or not by looking at the SEARCH phrase on Feedback page.
- Reviewing the other feedback issues will help you to either VOTE or raise a new case to imply the resolution on the exclusiveness of the issue.
- Based on the number of feedback items the Product team will work on resolution.
- You must have a Windows Live login to feedback the bugs or required enhancements.
- Documentation aka BOL is not included within this CTP, more information to follow from the Product team.
- This is English-only build and to download refer the following links:
- To download the x64 version here: http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=50048
- You can download the ISO version here: https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=50047